YHC was greeted by 15 eager Pax at Mickler Landing ready to get after it as the sun rose! D-Day ran down the beach like Hoff while on lookers took photos for their Instagram pages. He looked magnificent! It was also great to see Mayhem back in the gloom! (ok beach gloom isn’t really gloom) Some mumble chatter ensued that we had planted the flag further away from the beach entrance than Pax drove but hey…most needed the extra steps after having a few too many beers at the F2 event and Food Truck Friday!
- Side Straddle Hop 15 X IC
- Arm circles forward/back, chinook from squat
- Michael Phelps 10X IC
- Imperial Walker 10X IC
- Plank position doing shoulder taps while Pax Bearcrawl ring of fire.
- Stay in Plank, Merkins 15X IC
- Short mosey down beach, side shuffle, but kicks, side shuffle, high knees, mosey back in line increasing pace as we approach the shovel flag.
Line up complete 4X4
- 4 burpees with 4 Merkins, 4 single count mountain climbers at bottoms. Run to far cone(50 yards) and back. Do this 4X.
Jump in ocean and then line up at the water line. Pax inch worm back up to the flag. High-plank walk feet to down dog. 2 Carolina dry docks at the down dog, 2 Merkins at the plank. Repeat until back at the flag. Plank for 6. (These sucked BTW)
Partner up for next part of workout:
- Dora – 100 Hand Release Merkins, 200 LBC’s, 300 Jump Squats. Plank for Six. Run to far cone and back. YHC modified and had us do 200 Jump Squats. YHC was also glad to have Left Turn as his partner when the lactic acid built up during the Merkins. Putting that after the inch worm was painful!
- Pax took a break with a dive in the surf!
- Killer B’s – one Pax bear crawl to closer cone (25 yards) completes 10 Bonnie Blair’s (10 Each leg) and back while partner does Big Boy Sit-ups. Switch. Bonnie Blair’s apparently are different for all Pax and Valdez looked like a cross between Brian Boytano or Scott Hamilton.
- Iron cross 15X, wheel barrel to closer cone, switch Pax, Iron cross 15X and wheel barrel back. Bada Bing did not where his short shorts sparing Slash from the Rated R version of the exercise!
Line up in a straight line on the dune line interlocking arms.
- Together, lunge walk to the surf. Everyone on your 6 facing the surf for flutter kicks x 20 IC. Sprint back to the dune line and do 5 burpees.
- Repeat lunge walk line to the surf. Do 20 Hello Dollies IC facing the surf. Run back to dune line and do 5 burpees
- Lots of mumble chatter about our masculinity being questioned but I believe the Pax actually loved this as well as the onlookers!
Last week we lost another F3 brother, Amway in Concord, NC, to the Mental Battle. Slaughter – “ A reminder. COT is a time to look into the eyes of your brothers. Search for any pain, anguish, or sorrow. Lay hands during ball of man. The COT is what makes @F3Nation different from anything else. It is the most important part. @F3Battle”
This is more than a workout. Let’s not forget that! If your hurting bring it to the COT or to another Pax you feel comfortable with. Shield lock, Whetstone etc. Ask another Pax how they are doing. Be there to listen. Reach out to someone you haven’t seen in a while. No OYO!
Prayers for DB’s family grieving the loss of his father, prayers for men in the circle and out to have the courage to reach out to other Pax in times of trouble, prayers for Sofa’s family recovering from COVID and prayers for all for a healthy and fun weekend.