63 HIM descended to St Johns County in the gloom to celebrate the 7th anniversary of F3 Jacksonville at Boondocks. Not quite four scores, but it was 7 years ago, our fore brothers from Columbia, South Carolina, brought to Northeast Florida the F3 flag, and planted what would be the new F3 Jacksonville region. Conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition, that all men are Freed to Lead. Four OGs from 2015 had the honor of Q’ing this commemorative beatdown and provided messages as to what it means to be part of F3 Nation.
- 21- SSH x5 IC, f/b 16 silence. If pax does not finish together, there was a burpee penalty. The 5-burpee penalty was enforced; could this be an omen of things to come?
- Imperial walkers x10 IC
- Hillbillies x10 IC
- LBAC forward/backwards x15 IC
- Chinook x15 IC
- Moroccan nightclub x15 IC
Thang 1 (Heisenberg)
F3 Credo- “Leave no man behind but leave no man where you found him.”
Pax had some difficulty getting the wording just right, so more penalty burpees were in enforced. After order was restored, Heisenberg had the pax divided into four groups and at four corners. Pax started with 7 burpees, moseyed to next corner for 14 burpees, onto next corner for 21 burpees, and ending with 28 burpees. To keep with the theme, groups did not advance until the six was in.
Thang 2 (Big Bird)
F3 Mission- “To plant, grow and serve, small men’s workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership.”
Thanks to Crotchless, and a lesson from Dark Helmet at last week’s Sandlot Jax convergence, there were no burpee penalties this time. Big Bird reminded the pax that this was not just a workout group, but a leadership development program. First opportunity to learning to lead is to Q a workout. Do not be a consumer. Invest in F3 by starting your leadership development and begin to Q workouts.
- From the goal line, sprint to the 10-yard line, perform 1 merkin, 1 LBC, and 1 squat; mosey back to the goal line
- Sprint to the 20-yard line, perform 2 merkins, 1 LBC, and 1 squat; mosey back to goal line
- Continue pattern until springing goal line to goal line f/b 10 merkins, 10 LBCs, and 10 squats
Thang 3 (Feud)
Q Source- The F3 Manual of Virtuous Leadership
Feud reinforced the truth that F3 is a leadership program disguised as a men’s workout group and encouraged pax to join a Q-source group or read the Q-source book on virtuous leadership. From Q-source, the HIM will learn the four quadrants of becoming a virtuous leader:
- Q1- Get Right- the pursuit of proper personal alignment with yourself and your relationships in your concentrica (your M, shorties, shield lock, etc)
- Q2- Live Right- find your purpose/mission in life, establish guardrails to keep you on mission
- Q3- Lead Right- to be a virtuous leader, the HIM must not only have the skills to be an effective leader (VAPE) but they must develop the habits and ethics of moral excellence (5C)
- Q4- Leave Right- what is your legacy going to be?
Feud remembers this date as a day he learned he had a distain for bear crawls, running, and burpees. So…
- 25-yard bear crawl
- 20 merkins
- 75-yard run
- 15 burpees
- Repeat x4
Thang 4 (Jumanji)
Shield Lock- The horizontal relationship between men
Jumanji talked about taking your F3 experience to the next level. He discussed the importance of finding 3-4 men who are in the same stages of life. Ideally, shield lock should comprise of men in close physical proximity, serve the purpose of fighting the flux of emotions to help its members continuously seek the advantage, and meet periodically (regularly vs every now and then).
Jumanji compared having a shield lock to being part of a herd of buffalo when attacked by lions. Bigger, stronger buffalos surround the smaller, weaker members of its herd to protect and defend; unlike gazelles who fend for themselves. Be the Buffalo!
With girlfriend Cindy:
- Curls for the girls x30 OYO
- Single arm rows x15 each side OYO
- Back weighted squats x20 OYO
- Thrusters x20 OYO
- Flutter kicks x20 IC
- Vertical presses x15 IC
- Blockbees x5 OYO
BOM/COT (Hey Boss)
Hey Boss talked about the importance of the third F of F3- Faith. While F3 does not endorse and prescribe to any particular religion or religious groups, Hey Boss, being a HIM of strong Christian beliefs talked about the power of prayer. He led us out in prayer with the following prayer intentions:
- Work related stresses
- Those on IR
- Friends lost way too early
- 0’s dealing with anxiety and depression
- Family and friends battling cancer
- Pledge (led by Hey Big Papi)
Thank you for allowing us to lead you in the gloom. It was an honor serving you!