After a warm up run with The Breeze, 12 Pax launched into a mosey through Nocatee stopping along the route for some body weight exercises. Great to have our man Slash back out in the gloom with us! Ironic that we had 12? I think not…
- Welcome to F3, Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. No FNG’s
- Disclaimer read.
22 years ago today, I woke up after a blackout and had a bit more than a hangover this time. I had awakened to face of the hideous Four Horsemen (as it describes in AA Big Book) – Terror, Bewilderment, Frustration, Despair. In desperation I finally surrendered, admitted I had a problem with alcohol, found help in the rooms of AA. By the Grace of God, one day at a time have been able to stay sober for 22 years.
We began our mosey stopping for some warmup exercises – side straddle hops, hillbilly and of course monkey humpers facing the traffic circle.
At CVS lot we stopped again, doing the “Updraft” mobility shuffle on the parking lot lines and then on to Imperial walkers, arm circles forward and back, Shoulder Taps and finally stay in plank while we recite F3 mission and core principles.
Mosey to Treylor Park for The Thang:
We win together. Partner workout (discuss how to combat the Jester and the correlation with recovery programs – Shield Lock (sober network/accountability group), Whetstone and Blade (sponsor, sponsee).
Dora 1,2,3. Pax Complete reps as a team, one runs to Cora PT and back.
- 107 merkins (107 million people are estimated to have an alcohol use disorder globally – 70% male)
- 264 step ups (264 months sober)
- 318 mountain climbers (3/18 sobriety date)
Mosey to Kookaburra coffee shop and use the benches for the following circuits:
- 22 Dips, 12 box jumps, bear crawl lap.
- 22 Derkins, 12 split squats each leg, bear crawl lap
- 22 reps representing years sober and 12 for the 12 steps that were critical in my recovery.
Grass field circle up – Brad Pitt’s Fight Club workout aka Mary with 22 reps each:
- Reverse crunch aka gas pumpers IC
- Alternating V sit-ups OYO
- Window Wipers OYO
- Bicycle crunches aka Freddie Mercuries IC
Mosey back to HN (3 miles approx in total):
- More than 6 percent of adults in the U.S. have an alcohol use disorder, about 1 in 12 men and 1 in 25 women.
- An additional 623,000 people between the ages of 12 and 17 have alcohol use disorders.
- It is estimated that more than 140,000 people (approximately 97,000 men and 43,000 women) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the fourth-leading preventable cause of death in the United States behind tobacco, poor diet and physical inactivity, and illegal drugs.
Seek help if you need it. Alcoholism is cunning, baffling and powerful. It can be defeated one day at a time with recovery group and God’s help but in my experience you must have honesty, open mindedness and willingness. To stay sober long term, seek and develop Acceptance, Faith, Gratitude, Humility, Perseverance, Spirituality and finally be of maximum service to others. We get self esteem by doing esteem-able acts. Give it away!
- COT (circle of trust):
- Count O Rama
- Name O Rama
- Announcements – F3 B 3/21, hoops tournament 3/25, Farm volley ball also 3/25, Health Kids 3/26, Apryle Showers 4/2, Sandlot Jax 4/21-4/23
- BOM (ball of men):
- Prayers – my buddy Hank, Knowledge of God’s will and power to carry it out.
- Pledge of Allegiance