8 PAX gathered at Thunderdome and I had the pleasure to Q.
As this was my first Q of 2021 I tried to thrown in a ladder. If you think about a ladder you go up and come back down. If you wanted to climb a ladder you could go all the way to the top and come back down or you could be creative and go up a step, come back down, go up 2 steps, come back down, etc. All this means is that I need to do some work on my ladders. I also decided to pull in an exercise from my first Q and name a new exercise.. we will see if it sticks
Your Q did not use a weinke but instead took a photo of the plan on his phone. Of course my gloves don’t work with touchscreen so it wasn’t as great as an idea of I thought.
Warm Up – 10 of each
- Michael Phelps
- Don Quixote
- Toy Soldiers
- High knees
Mosey to the field
- 5 Bonnie Blairs, go to 10y for 10 Merkins
- 5 Bonnie Blairs, go to 10y for 10 Merkins, to 20 y for 20 lunges. On the way back (OTWB) hit the steps (10y do 10 Merkins)
- 5 Bonnie Blairs, go to 10y for 10 Merkins, to 20 y for 20 lunges, to 30y for 30 MCs. OTWB hit the steps (20y do 20 lungers, 10y do 10 Merkins)
Audible – run a lab. Q decide to sub something for lunges
- 5 Bonnie Blairs, go to 10y for 10 Merkins, to 20 y for 20 LBCs, to 30y for 30 MCs. OTWB hit the steps (20y do 20 lungers, 10y do 10 Merkins)
- 5 Bonnie Blairs, go to 10y for 10 Merkins, to 20 y for 20 lunges, to 30y for 30 MCs. to 40 for 40 SSH. OTWB hit the steps (30y for 30 MCs, 20y do 20 LBCs, 10y do 10 Merkins)
- 5 Bonnie Blairs, go to 10y for 10 Merkins, to 20 y for 20 lunges, to 30y for 30 MCs, to 40 for 40 SSH, to 50 for 50 squats. OTWB hit the steps (40y for 40 SSH, 30y for 30 MCs, 20y do 20 LBCs, 10y do 10 Merkins)
- Finish with 5 Bonnie Blairs
Mosey to the Pavilion for 2 rounds of:
- 20 bench dips
- 20 4 count skier groiners – do a groiner with feet together then go to side and back to center (4 count) then do same for other side.. so essentially these are 10 8 count.
- 20 Matti Nykänens (yes, maybe something like this is in Lexicon.. I need to check) – like Monkey Squats but grab you under the front of your shoes and keep your arms outside your legs when you squat then straighten up for launch. If you do it right you look like Matti N exploding off the jump.
- Lap around the pavilion
Finished with 20 burpees – just because and to provide a head-start for those participating in the MABA challenge.
Holidays are a great time to be with family but it may also try our patience, especially if you are on week 3 with relatives. Nonetheless we need to always think about how we can be patient and react to change in the right way. We had a lot of change in 2020 and there will always be more to come so we face challenges we can reflect back on 2 Corinthians 4:18 “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
Ended in prayer.