- When: 02/04/23
- QIC: 40
- The PAX: Check Please, D-Day (Respect), Wasted (Respect), Gizzard, Steak n Shake, Terminator, The Breeze, Shooter, Mervin, Valdez, Flo, Bang Bing, Home Alone 2, Jersey Devil, Box Fan, Nametag (Respect), new FNG Silent Bob, Oops, Bed Sheets, JOBU, Toe Jam, Rawlings, Left Turn, Mr Smooth, 1 unknown
Monday was Who’s looking at you? Thursday was What are you looking at?
MESSAGE FOR PAX – WHAT DO YOU NEED TO CHANGE? (5 min)
08/31/2020, my father passed of Congestive Heart Failure with Stage 4 Colon/Liver/Lung/Spleen Cancer. I was the one that medicated him the final week plus after he wasn’t there any more. Before it got to that point, my dad had a silver book, a list of everything for family to do when he passed away. He knew this day was coming, and he prepared because he knew my mother couldn’t do it. And those last 2 weeks of time with him before it rapidly went downhill you could tell you were looking at a man of faith, a believer in Jesus, in Catholicism, and he was AT PEACE with meeting his maker.
His funeral at ANC was full honors, 34+ years Army, 200 people there, in the ground with my still-born brother, a lifetime of respecting people and caring.
As men we are responsible for our families in so many ways: career, finances, example. Are we doing enough for our jobs, example to children, and others, health/exercising, sympathetic, praying, kindness, the right example to people, support of wife, and even support when we pass.
What do you need to change?
THE WARMUP (5 min)
- Side Straddle Hops
- Michael Phelps
- Peter Parker
- Down Dog / Valdez
THE THANG (45)
· ROUND 1 – run to field then bridge (10 mins)
- Bear crawl the width of the field
- Spiderman crawl back
- Bear crawl the width one more time
- Walk to bridge
- Bear crawl the entire bridge (about 120 feet)
· ROUND 2 – run to pull up bar (20 mins)
- SOC (SEAL) Brian R. Bill, 31, of Stamford, CT, was among 30 United States service members who died in the Aug. 6, 2011 CH-47 Chinook helicopter crash in Wardak province, Afghanistan as part of Extortion 17. The Special Warfare Operator was assigned to a SEAL team in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. He was awarded three Bronze Stars with Valor, a Joint Service Commendation Medal with Valor, a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, a Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, two Combat Action Ribbons, and three Good Conduct Medals.
- Hero WOD “Brian”: 3 RFT (5 Rope Climbs [15 ft], 25 Back Squats (185#)
- 20 pull ups, minimum 10 pullups
- You may trade the 5 pullups for 50 pushups twice (no one did)
- 185 Air Squats
- 100 Supermans
- 100 SSH
- Plank for six
- 5 more pull ups
- 50 air squats
- 50 supermans
- 50 SSH
· ROUND 3 – run back to NOC flag-poll (10 mins)
- 6MOM 20x (Squeaky Dolly [legs wide crunch through open legs], Flutter Kicks, BBSU, Mountain Climbers, Freddy Mercury’s)
- 3 minute Chinook (for Brian)
COT (5 mins)
- Count o’Rama
- Name o’Rama
- Welcome new FNG “Silent Bob”
- F3B business
- Softball Thursday’s 830am (ask Mervin)
- PRAYER REQUESTS
- Our Country, for citizens to be inclusive not divisive
- Golf Cart Accident Victims for recovery
- Box Fan’s son
- Sophia’s family