Well, the big day is finally here; it’s Christmas! A cool 50° Florida morning and it’s a good feeling knowing that the presents are wrapped and under the tree, the turkey is thawing and the fartsack will be sufficiently warm when YHC returns. YHC has empathy to all PAX who decided to stay in the fartsack as YHC has 2.0s of his own, but decided there was much to offer the PAX as Q, for on this day we celebrate the birth of Jesus. So YHC got the buy-in from the M and started making the holiday playlist. Ahhhh, it’s the most wonderful time of the year (Full Monty won’t forget it). YHC drove his electric-sled (golf cart) to the Badlands today dressed in his Buddy the Elf onesie bearing “the gift of fitness” for the PAX. YHC also brought holiday hats and lights for all PAX to get into the Christmas spirit. 8 PAX posted including Little Boner all the way from Las Vegas. YHC promptly stripped out of his onesie to reveal his Clark Griswold T-shirt and F3 silkies (a PAX favorite). We got started with a mosey at 0530 to the second parking lot wearing our holiday attire and trailed by none other than St. Johns County’s finest, the sheriff (thank you for your service).
Jingle Bell Jog
While moseying, PAX perform Single Leg Jump Skips, High Knees, Butt Kicks to Second Parking Lot
Circle Up for Warmorama (Second Parking Lot)
- 10 SSHs IC
- 10 Michael Phelps IC
- 10 Chinook Squats IC
- 10 Peter Parkers IC
- 10 Forearm Plank Twists IC
- Sprinters Stretch (Both Sides)
Winter Runderland (Second Parking Lot)
The PAX will be trying out to pull Santa’s sled if they have the speed, stamina and strength. PAX will run each distance as fast as they can just as if they are training to help Santa make his rounds this year (Line up in two straight lines – run side by side – runners take off every 5 seconds – repeat until done – Air chair in between)
- Dasher – 25 yards
- Dancer – 50 yards
- Prancer – 75 yards
- Vixen – 100 yards
- Comet – 100 yards
- Cupid – 75 yards
- Donner – 50 yards
- Blitzen – 25 yards
- Rudolph – As a bonus the PAX find Santa’s Sled (golf cart) – Unfortunately, the PAX with all their training will be required to push it back to the front parking lot in order for Santa to deliver gifts this year.
12 Days of Christmas (Front Parking Lot)
Because the Q is so generous, he comes bearing gifts. The kinds of gifts that the PAX came for. The gift of Fitness. PAX partner up for this one.
This exercise was done just like the song in ascending days and also descending order repeating all previous days exercises starting with Day 1 and ending with Day 12 back down to Day 1.
One “Lump o’ Coal” Mulligan allowed i.e. PAX teams can use the golf cart for one lap around the parking lot by grabbing the bag of coal…use your mulligan wisely.
- On the first day of Christmas my Q gave to me…a lap around a parking lot of trees
- On the second day of Christmas my Q gave to me…2 Monkey Humpers
- On the third day of Christmas my Q gave to me…3 French High Knees
- On the fourth day of Christmas my Q gave to me…4 Calling Burpees
- On the fifth day of Christmas my Q gave to me…5 Diamond Merkins
- On the sixth day of Christmas my Q gave to me…6 Geese a Laying Leg Lifts
- On the seventh day of Christmas my Q gave to me…7 Swans a Squat Jumping
- On the eight day of Christmas my Q gave to me…8 Maids a Mountain Climbing
- On the ninth day of Christmas my Q gave to me…9 Lady’s Jump Lunging
- On the tenth day of Christmas my Q gave to me…10 Lord’s a Leaping (Michael Jordan’s)
- On the eleventh day of Christmas my Q gave to me…11 Pickle’s Pounding
- On the twelfth day of Christmas my Q gave to me…12 Drummers Jumping (SSH’s)
Christmas can be hard for some. There may be empty seats at our tables, friends or family missing from our lives, and sometimes we just feel alone or even a need for a break. Everyone of us has most likely experienced this. Men cannot ascend to their best selves or their God-given purpose if they walk alone or if all they have in common with other men is entertainment or pleasure. Men need friends with whom they share a common spirit, a mutual devotion to each other’s best, and a sacrificial commitment to protect, encourage, and defend. This is what F3 is all about, especially around the holidays. Fitness, Fellowship and Faith is the Glue.
The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.
The Christmas story is a story of redemption. There is hope in all these things through Jesus Christ.
Prayer requests for Grandpa Shannihan, Safe Travels, PAX on IR .